As we all know, custom plastic bags come in all types and styles. But one of the more popular items is the side weld poly bag.
This product starts out as a centerfold film, which is then heat-sealed on two sides. So it has one opening, usually on the top.
Bottom sealed versus side sealed
TDI’s plastic bags are either heat-sealed on the bottom or on the sides. In this current article, we will focus on the side weld poly bag only.
Benefits of a Side Weld Poly Bag
This product is great for most light to medium-duty applications. However, it is not suitable for heavy uses. Heavier items work best with strong bottom sealed bags.
There are tons of possible uses for this type of bag. This versatility is what makes it a much sought-after packaging solution.
Here at TDI, we have several customized options available for this type of bags, such as a lip bag with or without tape, or an easy-open tear bag, and many more. Click here for an overview of our custom packaging capabilities.
Here are a few examples where side weld poly bags are being used:
- poly bags for various food items, such as candy or bakery products
- box and trash liners
- specimen bags for laboratory use
TDI’s side weld poly bags have the following specifications:
- It is heat-sealed down the length on two sides.
- Bag clarity options are clear, colored, or frosted plastic.
- A choice of resin material: HDPE, LDPE, MDPE, LLDPE, recycled resins, or a mix.
- Additives like EVA or EMA are available.
- Sizes that are available: LDPE width 1″ – 42″, length 5″ – 196″ | HDPE width 5″ – 38″, length 5″ – 196″
- Print options we have: 1-2 colors on up to 2 sides, or 3-4 colors on 1 side
With this in mind, team TDI will customize all of your plastic packaging products to meet your specific needs. It is our specialty! Please check with our sales team for further details.
Examples of side weld poly bags
- lay flat bag
- bottom gusset bag
- pocket bag
- header bag
- lip and tape bag & more
Examples of added features
- tear notch
- pocket bag (with an extra compartment)
- header bag & more
Side Weld Poly Bags & more
As mentioned before, TDI offers many flexible packaging styles and features. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a free quote.