What is a Pocket Bag?
A pocket bag in the packaging industry is defined as a flat plastic bag with at least one extra compartment.
What features does it have?
- Pocket bags usually have one to three pockets.
- These compartments are either located on the front and/or the backside, or next to the main bag.
- The size of the added pouch is usually smaller than the main bag.
What are the benefits of Pocket Bags?
- The extra pocket keep items separated and protected in its own space.
- And because things are separated, they stay organized.
- Another benefit is that each compartment is easily accessible.
TDI produces packaging for many industries including medical, construction, industrial, engineering, and many others.
An example of a pocket bag is a specimen bag for laboratories. They either have one or two outside compartments. Other industries, such as construction, might use a side pocket bag for hardware. This type of packaging keeps tools and other items separated, organized, and protected, laid out side by side.
Customized Options at TDI
Per your request, TDI can customize your packaging exactly the way you want it.
Here are some of the options we provide:
- We display your custom text, print, or logo.
- TDI prints up to 4 colors on 1 side or divided over 2 sides.
- You can select the best resin material for your pocket bag.
- We will advise you on the appropriate thickness and measurements.
If you are not sure about what to choose, we will be happy to assist you in making the right decisions.
Common Resin Materials Used
- High-Density Polyethylene – HDPE
- Low-Density Polyethylene – LDPE
- Linear Low-Density Polyethylene – LLDPE
- A blend of different PE material
Additives can make your plastic film most suitable for certain applications.
For example, EVA has the characteristic of making plastic rubbery and flexible. As it creates a level of elasticity, your packaging will be resistant to cracking during extreme temperatures, as with our gel bags.
Read more about the different types of poly film here: Most common types of plastic film
A history of stability
Producing custom plastic packaging is what we do best. In fact, we have been in the manufacturing business since 1974, so know you can count on our expertise.
Also, the fact that we are located right here in southern California has its advantages. An overseas supplier might have long lead times and poor customer service.
Is this a product you’ve been looking for? Or do you have questions about any of our other products? Please feel free to ask our team today for assistance!