TDI Custom Packaging, Inc. is currently hiring extrusion specialists for our polyethylene blown-film manufacturing operations.
We are a small family business that produces made-to-order industrial and commercial packaging: poly bags, film, and tubing. TDI services sectors such as the medical, industrial, and packaging industries, as well as wholesale nurseries and more. Delivering excellent quality and service is always our top priority.
Our extrusion professionals perform all tasks associated with operating plastic blown-film machinery in a safe and efficient manner. They ensure the preparation, startup, and operation of all manufacturing equipment. In addition, they ensure the continuous production of quality packaging products.
TDI Custom Packaging seeks candidates who will meet or exceed our customer expectations by striving for the highest possible quality in our products, processes, and systems. The right candidates will take a proactive approach and have critical thinking skills.
- Operate all film extrusion processing equipment.
- Perform all extrusion line setups, changeovers, start-ups, and continuous operation.
- Monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls.
- Check the quality of work in process, and finished packaging products.
- Conduct routine tests and check products using standard measuring devices.
- Load raw materials, determine and manage machine controls and unload finished products.
- Follow process procedures or instructions from line operators and team leaders.
- Handle basic troubleshooting of extrusion machinery and plastics processes.
- Address issues when problems arise and take the initiative to understand the root cause.
- Regard safety as a core value; must serve as a role model for other employees to encourage adherence.
- Keep a clean, safe, and organized department. Finish the shift in an orderly matter for the next shift.
- Is proficient in essential job tasks and is eager to learn and share knowledge.
Qualifications for Extrusion Specialists
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in plastic blown-film extrusion.
- Obtained a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Is a great team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow work procedures.
- Has basic computer knowledge.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a problem-solver with critical thinking abilities.
You will work a 12-hour shift: from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. (night shift) or from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (day shift) 3 days a week (total: 36 hours/week).
TDI offers growth opportunities in a family-friendly atmosphere for the right person!
To apply today, please fill out the online application below, or email your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
For more job opportunities at TDI, please review our Careers Page here.