How to Keep Proper Inventory Levels during the Winter Holidays
It is crucial to keep the right amount of custom poly film supplies on hand at all times.
Now is the time to get ready and be well prepared before you run into an “inventory dry spell.” It can cause problems with your customers if they have to wait too long for their orders.
During major holidays such as Christmas, Hanukah and New Year’s turnaround times can change.
Causes for Delays
- Production can take longer, due to less staff in attendance or shorter work weeks.
- Deliveries by transportation companies can experience delays, due to a busy ordering season.
Too Much – or Not Enough
- Too much stock can sit on the shelves for months, taking up valuable storage space. It might be hard to sell these overstocked items at a later date.
- On the other hand, if you do not have enough custom poly film supplies, your customers might have to wait. You are not fully optimizing your freed up warehouse racks.
Preparation is Everything!
- Check forecasts for inventory on hand and for buying supplies. To determine future needs, it can be helpful to review your ordering history.
- Check your customers’ needs well in advance: If they can’t give you exact quantities, get an estimate or compare past purchases during similar holiday periods.
- Organize your warehouse space efficiently to make room for extra packaging supplies.
Why Buy Custom Poly Film from TDI?
You can take advantage of our special arrangements to maintain proper inventory levels.
- We have lower minimum order requirements than most big manufacturers. This is great if you have less warehouse space available or service smaller businesses.
- Instead of buying bulk quantities overseas, you can purchase the exact quantity you need here from TDI, your trusted manufacturer.
- Since we are a US-based company, delivery times are faster and transportation costs lower.
Most of our loyal customers are aware that we keep all bag specifications on file for faster turnaround. They might already know that we will go the extra mile to make things happen.
However, if this is your first time purchasing custom poly film from TDI, you might need some help from our staff.
How the Retail Industry Can Prepare for the Holidays
The Finnish company Relex posted an excellent white paper “Managing the Christmas Supply Chain.”